Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the reporting time for pupils?
All pupils are to be punctual for the daily flag-raising ceremony which begins promptly at 7.30pm.
For details on school hours, refer to ‘Parents Hub – School Hours/ Gate 1 & Gate 5 Opening Hours’ on the school website.
2. What are the timings for the various breaks in the school?
The time and duration for the different recesses are reflected in the pupils’ timetables. The various breaks are as follows:
(Primary 1 to 4) 9.30 to 10.00 a.m.
(Primary 5 to 6) 10.00 to 10.30 a.m.
‘Take 5’ Break
(All levels) 11.55 a.m. to 12.00 noon
For more information on recommended ‘Take 5’ snacks, refer to ‘Parents’ Hub – Healthy ‘Take 5’ Snacks’
1.30 to 2.05 p.m. (When pupils remain in school for supplementary, enrichment classes or CCAs.)
3. If I need to pick up my child earlier than the official dismissal time for an urgent matter, what should I do?
Parent(s) or the authorised adult picking up the child will need to fill up the ‘Record of Pupils’ Leaving School During School Hours’ at the General Office before the child is allowed to leave the school.
4. Can I take my child on holiday during term time, for example, after the examinations?
Parents should avoid taking their child out of school during term time, as there are programmes that take place after examinations to facilitate pupil bonding and their holistic development.
5. What are the operation hours of the School General Office?
The operation hours of the General Office are as follows:
Mondays to Fridays : 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Mondays to Fridays : 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
The General Office is closed on weekends and public holidays.
6. When can parents/guardians enter the school to purchase things from the school bookshop?
During term time, parents may enter the school to purchase things at the school bookshop between 2.00 and 4.00 p.m.
7. How does the school communicate with parents?
The following are the official platforms for communication with parents:
School Social Media (Facebook and Instagram)
Parents’ Tea Session with School Leaders
School Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. What is Parents Gateway?
Parents Gateway is a mobile app for parents, available on iOS and Android devices. Through Parents Gateway, parents are updated of the school’s programmes and may provide consent for their children to participate in school activities. For more information on Parents Gateway and how to install the mobile application, go to https://pg.moe.edu.sg.
9. Should I have a concern with regard to my child, how should I contact the teaching staff?
Parents/guardians are encouraged to contact the teachers directly via email. The teachers’ contact may be found under ‘Our Family – Staff’ on the school website.
10. How can I sign up as a Parent Volunteer?
Information on Parent Volunteers may be found under ‘Parents’ Hub – Parent Volunteer’ on the school website.